Birthday Parties & Pool Rentals
|Merriam, KS 66202
Open seasonally, Memorial Day to Labor DayRegular Operating Hours through August 6
Mon - Thurs - Noon-8:00pm
Fri - Noon - 7:00pm
Saturday - 11:00am-7:00pm
Sunday - Noon - 6:00pm
"Ultimate Splash" - $130.00
This package includes admission, hot dog or pizza, chips, and a drink for 15 people. You will have a reserved space in the concession patio for your party and you may bring in a cake. Also receive a birthday "shout-out" over the PA system during your swim. Party times are scheduled Monday-Thursday 2pm, 4pm and 6pm; Friday & Sunday 12pm, 2pm and 4pm; Saturday 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm with a 1 1/2-hour time limit for your party.
Contact Merriam Parks & Recreation at 913.322.5550 to arrange your party. We require at least 7-days in advance notice.
Note: Fees are non-refundable. Parties may be re-scheduled if cancelled prior to start time (subject to facility availability). Parties cancelled due to closing of the pool will be rescheduled at a later date (subject to availability). If no dates are available, a full refund will be issued.
"Party in the Park
- Merriam resident rate $50.00/Non-resident rate $60.00
Reserve the Vavra Park shelter from 8am-2pm or 3pm-9pm for your birthday party. The shelter offers seating for 60 people plus a BBQ grill. Before or after your picnic, take your guests to the aquatic center and pay the daily admission fee (all fees must be paid at one time). Note the aquatic center hours. Group discount for parties larger than 15. Also receive a birthday "shout-out" over the PA system during your swim. You may not bring food or drink to the aquatic center. Reservations five days in advance. Shelter rental policies apply.
More Information: Contact the Merriam Parks and Recreation Department at 913.322.5550.
Private Party Aquatic Center Rentals
From family reunions and parties to corporate retreats and celebration, the Merriam Aquatic Center is an ideal location for your occasion.
Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning April 3. The facility will be available June 2 – August 6. Contact Merriam Parks & Recreation at 913.322.5550 to arrange your party. Reservations for parties are taken Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
The aquatic center is available for evening rental as follows:
Monday-Thursday – 8:15 pm - 9:45 pm
Friday – 7:15pm-8:45pm
Saturday – 7:15pm-8:45pm
Sunday – 6:15pm-7:45pm
#1 (Includes use of Zero depth pool and slide pool) $275 (Max 75)
#2 (Includes use of Slide pool and 50-meter pool) $275 (Max 75)
#3 (Includes use of Zero depth pool and 50-meter pool) $275 (Max 75)
#4 (Includes use of entire facility) $350 (Max 100)
The following applies to all aquatic center facility rentals:
- Rental fee includes the cost of lifeguards, slide attendants and manager on duty. Payment of fee must be made at time of application.
- Food & Drink (no alcohol) may be brought in, the concession stand will not be open for private rentals.
- All regular facility rules are in effect.
- Children and youth groups must provide one adult to every eight children.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Rental fees are non-refundable. Rentals may be re-scheduled if cancelled prior to rental date (subject to facility availability). Rentals cancelled due to closing of the pool that cannot be rescheduled will receive a full refund.