The Fall 2020 issue of our Highlights and Recreation magazine is now available. The award-winning magazine is published three times per year and mailed to all Merriam residents and businesses.
Find information about City news and services, upcoming community events, and Parks and Recreation activities and classes.
View the magazine online.
Due to COVID-19, several of our special events and programs were canceled after we published our most recent issue of Highlights and Recreation. Please view an updated cancellation list below:
Canceled Special Events
- Sept. 12: Turkey Creek Car & Motorcycle Show
- Oct. 2: Family Game Night
- Oct. 3: Merriam Drive Live
- Oct. 6: National Night Out
- Oct. 24: Halloween Happenings
Tim Murphy Art Gallery
- The Art Gallery is open, but all opening night receptions are canceled through the rest of the year.
- The 24th Annual High School Visual Arts Competition awards ceremony will be held virtually this year.
Canceled MCC Educational Programs
Canceled MCC Fitness Programs
- Aug. 31-Dec. 14: Adult Basketball
- Aug. 31-Dec. 16: Youth Martial Arts
- Sept. 2-Dec. 18: High School Basketball